2.08.2010

Hearing Texture


crackle and chatter
.....

This weekend we found ourselves in China Town again, via North Beach.
Twice within a month is unusual. Things come in bunches.
.....

James Castle: A Retrospective
UC Berkeley Museum


6 comments:

et lille oejeblik - a little moment said...

you lucky girl :)

great image, love the paint coming off the wall.

(and yes, i did the feather :)

Palmer and Co said...

Thank you for that introduction to James Castle! What a unique artist! I love when people don't follow the standard 'artist' boundaries. Luxe enjoyed the clip too!

Fantastic shot!! Oh, I can only imagine the photo opportunities in China Town!

Happy New Week!

Jennifer said...

Oooh, nice. Crackle & chatter, indeed.

Francesca said...

Very interesting artist. I liked the parcels, and the play on p-lace. I also think that wall has many things to say!

jane said...

how i wish i lived near a china town... any china town... i love the food markets best. happy day janis!

kyndale said...

Thank you for the links to James Castle. I've never heard of him or his work. I really love his work!