2.03.2013

follow the gypsies

...because where you find gypsies, you find great music.  Fanfare Zambaleta, a local Roma brass band, dropped in on Goorin Brothers Hat Shop in North Beach for a free concert.  The music began with a stroll in the park, passing the cathedral, passing cafes... the musicians ended back at the hat shop where they played two generous sets.  Live music in a hat shop?  Yep, a perfect pairing. 

Goorin Brothers Hat Shop
1612 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA   

9 comments:

Le monde dÖ said...

Wow! Funny and lovely atmosphere. I can hear the music!

Mlle Paradis said...

now that strikes me as being much more typical of "the streets of san francisco". serendipitous!

shayndel said...

Wonderful!! I can hear the music coming from your post, your photos are so full of life as is the event!!
I wonder what hat you are wearing?!!

PS I posted my first dance walk video, when you have a chance please take a look, you are always so supportive to my sojourns into new territory, so I feel grateful to you and blog friends for giving me a virtual nudge in the direction of doing it!!!

PSS I don`t think anyone would think you were crazy if you dance walked there, looks like a wild place!!
Where I live, there is really no street music custom unless on special festival days, hence I am grateful for you wild blog friends from whom I glimpse many forms of expression.
;))
Long comment!!♡

Unknown said...

Wonderfull...
Love street music, and in bars...great!

la ninja said...

ha! just what the doctor ordered... hats off (sorry, I could not not write it :)

Janis said...

Jgy - I did not wear a hat that night! And as far as the music goes, I can't help shaking my booty when I hear good rhythmic music. I am easily moved. Literally!

Ninja - Haha!

Francesca said...

music shared in the streets, at the park, and in a hat shop - how great!

Menthe Blanche said...

I like this kind of musical atmosphere!

Juniper said...

Love it! A good start to a nice chapter in a book. wish we could hear the music, I think I would like it- especially with that big Tuba!